- Medina County Week 48 Flu Report (11/24/19 – 11/30/19)
- Medina County Week 47 Flu Report (11/17/19 – 11/23/19)
- Medina County Week 46 Flu Report (11/10/19 – 11/16/19)
- Medina County Week 45 Flu Report (11/03/19 – 11/09/19)
- Medina County Week 44 Flu Report (10/27/19 – 11/02/19)
- Medina County Week 43 Flu Report (10/20/19 – 10/26/19)
- Medina County Week 42 Flu Report (10/13/19 – 10/19/19)
- Medina County Week 41 Flu Report (10/6/19 – 10/12/19)
- Medina County Week 40 Flu Report (9/29/19 – 10/5/19)
Past Flu Reports can be accessed here.
- Quarter 4 2018 Epidemiology Report (October 2018 – December 2018)
- Quarter 3 2018 Epidemiology Report (July 2018 – September 2018)
- Quarter 2 2018 Epidemiology Report (April 2018 – June 2018)
- Quarter 1 2018 Epidemiology Report (January – March 2018)
- Quarter 3 2018 Drug Related ER Visits Data Brief
- Quarter 2 2018 Drug Related ER Visits Data Brief
- Quarter 1 2018 Drug Related ER Visits Data Brief
- Comparison of opiate deaths 12 04 17 (December 4, 2017)
Community Health Assessment Reports
For information on community health status reports, including the 2017 Medina County Community Needs Assessment, click here
Influenza (flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness. Serious outcomes of flu infection can result in hospitalization or death. Some people, such as older people, young children, and people with certain health conditions, are at high risk of serious flu complications.
Communicable diseases are conditions that, due to their infectious nature and the risks they pose in being spread to others, are mandated under Ohio law to be reported to the local health department for follow-up. Primary responsibility to report these diseases rests with health care providers, hospitals, and laboratories, but anyone with knowledge of a reportable disease is encouraged to report. Recommended preventive measures might include vaccination, treatment of other individuals exposed to the illness, or temporary restriction from work or school.
To report a communicable disease: During regular business hours, call 330-723-9688, option 2 or toll-free at 1-888-723-9688, option 2. For after-hours public health emergencies, please call our toll-free number at 1-888-723-9688 and when prompted, press 5 to be transferred to the Medina County Sheriff Dispatch (this option is provided for public health emergencies ONLY – not general calls, appointment requests, or to leave staff messages).