Whether you’re a healthcare professional, educator, laborer, business person or even a retiree, the Medina County Health Department offers a variety of volunteer opportunities through the Medina County Medical Reserve Corps (MRC).
MRC volunteers work together to keep Medina County healthy, prepared, and quick to recover by:
- providing help for public health and emergency response.
- participating in mass vaccinations and community disaster drills.
- promoting disease prevention and control.
- assisting the public health department in a variety of ways.
Your skills and knowledge are especially needed during times of crisis. In a large scale emergency, you may be needed:
- to treat victims of a disaster.
- asked to help at an emergency vaccination clinic.
- assist at a medication distribution site.
During times of non-emergency you can:
- attend preparedness training.
- have the chance to serve as public health ambassadors.
- assist with flu clinics.
- provide education sessions on special topics, volunteer for public health events or trainings, and promote immunization campaigns.
Currently the Medina County MRC is over 380 volunteers stong, however, during a disaster, emergency or epidemic, we’d need even more “hands on deck” to provide assistance to the 174,000 residents of Medina County. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us reach this year’s goal of 400 volunteers?
Who Can Become a MRC Volunteer?
Anyone 18 years of age. We are looking for medical professionals and other skilled personel who can provide basic support services during emergency and non-emergency events. There is a role for everyone!
Meet A Volunteer
Read here how library manager, Diane Dermody, offers her skills to Medina County Medical Reserve Corps.
Register To Become A Medina County MRC Volunteer
This is a two part process involving a mail-in and on-line registration form. The online registration adds your name to Ohio Responds, a state wide network operated by the Ohio Department of Health and the Ohio Emergency Management Agency. The system registers, credentials, tracks, notifies, and alerts volunteers in the event of a disaster or public health crisis. To complete the process click on each of the links below .
- MRC Application form– complete and mail in
- Ohio Responds – online registration
Medical Reserve Corps Coordinator
4800 Ledgewood Drive
Medina, Ohio 44256