Severe Weather Outlook
Saturday, September 8, 2018| Excessive Rainfall Outlook
Sunday, September 9, 2018| Excessive Rainfall Outlook
The National Weather Service forecasts thunderstorms and heavy rainfall on Saturday afternoon. Heavy rainfall will overspread the region Saturday night and continue into Sunday. Rainfall is anticipated to decrease in coverage west to east across Ohio, Sunday night into Monday morning. The heaviest rain will occur along the I-70 corridor and into northeast Ohio.
- Flash Flooding| Rapid flooding of roads with vulnerable structures at risk
- Flooding | Road flooding near rivers, chance of structure flooding near rivers
Throughout the state, heavy rainfall is expected to begin Saturday afternoon and decrease by Monday morning. The timing for the respective potential threats are the following:
- The threat for flash flooding is expected to occur late Saturday through Monday.
- The threat for river flooding is anticipated to exist from Sunday through Tuesday. River flooding has the potential to linger into mid-week.
Resources & Fact Sheets:
- Homeowners and Renters Guide to Mold Cleanup after Disasters (Centers for Disease Control)
- Food Safety for Power Outages: When in doubt, throw it out!
- Sewage Treatment Systems Fact Sheets
- Private Water Systems Fact Sheets
- Generator Safety
Food Service Operations: