Ohio officials and partners continue to develop strategies to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please click on the following links for Responsible RestartOhio guidance for restaurants, bars, banquet, and catering facilities to implement to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus when re-opening to the public (outdoor dining permitted May 15, 2020 and indoor dining permitted on May 21, 2020):
Mandatory COVID education must be provided to the staff as soon as possible. ServSafe® has developed two FREE on-demand training videos to assist operators in training their staff in appropriate hygiene and sanitation practices.
Please access this information by clicking HERE
Remember that the best thing you can do in the face of COVID-19 is to take precautions to protect yourself, your family, and your community:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Clean “high-touch” surfaces daily. These include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, desks, and tablets.
Our food safety staff are responsible for licensing and inspecting Food Service Operations (restaurants, bars, daycare centers, hospitals, nursing homes, etc); Retail Food Establishments (grocery stores, convenience stores, gas stations); Mobile Food Service Operations and Mobile Retail Food Establishments (fairs/festival trailers); Temporary Food Service Operations; and Vending Machine Locations (coffee, sandwiches, ice cream).