Creating a Safe Workplace
While business owners may feel a sense of urgency to get their business back to normal as soon as possible, there are new guidelines and revised practices that must be implemented to ensure a safe and sustainable return.
The following resources will help you through the key steps of reopening your business in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- Directives on safety protocols such as cleaning and sanitation
- Downloadable building and door signage
- Information for families on child care and building a system of support as employees adjust to the realities of returning to work
- Economic and employment resources
- Plan for a safe work environment that protects employees and customers alike from risks connected to COVID-19, including exposure and transmission.
The Medina County Health Department is providing the following information as a resource, keeping in mind that it is subject to change as directives from the state evolve.
Guidance to Getting Back to Work Safely
Responsible Restart Ohio Operating Requirements PDFs. Additional information can be found at Sector Specific Operating Requirements:
Restaurants and Bars
Guiding Principles to Keep in Mind: The more an individual interacts with others, and the longer that interaction, the higher the risk of COVID-19 spread. The risk of COVID-19 spread increases in a restaurant or bar setting as follows:
- Lowest Risk: Food service limited to drive-through, delivery, take-out, and curb-side pick up.
- More Risk: Drive-through, delivery, take-out, and curb-side pick up emphasized. On-site dining limited to outdoor seating. Seating capacity reduced to allow tables to be spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Even More Risk: On-site dining with both indoor and outdoor seating. Seating capacity reduced to allow tables to be spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Highest Risk: On-site dining with both indoor and outdoor seating. Seating capacity not reduced and tables not spaced at least 6 feet apart.
Click here for resources on gyms, sports, pools and all other recreation resources
Schools and Child Care
Camping and Day Camps
Español: Reapertura Responsable deOhio
Workplace Environment & Screening
Cleaning and Sanitation Resources
Family and Economic Resources
Downloadable Facility Signage
Ohio Department of Health Posters and Signs
Downloadable CDC COVID-19 Resources