The following jobs are now available.
Please read the description for specific steps to apply for the job desired.
Return all required information to Human Resources, Medina County Health Department, 4800 Ledgewood Drive, Medina, Ohio 44256; or fax to (330) 723-9659; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
- Epi Assistant (Contractor)
- Medical Assistant – Wadsworth/Medina
Updated: November 2, 2020
Epi Assistant (Contractor) Job Responsibilities
- Perform Epi Assistant activities on an as needed basis in accordance with MCHD and the Ohio Department of Health guidelines.
- Attend all training as scheduled.
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed cases using a telephone and communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner showing patience to distressed individuals.
- Collect and proficiently record information on symptoms into a database using a computer.
- Refrain from research with contact records or contacts, either directly or indirectly.
- Provide contacts with approved information about Ohio quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to established protocol.
- Comply with all laws regarding equal opportunity and non-discrimination. No person shall, on the grounds of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap, disability or military status be excluded from participation in any program or activity sponsored by the parties to the Agreement.
The Epi Assistant will acknowledge in an Agreement that he/she is not an employee of the Board of Health and is not entitled to vacation pay, sick leave, retirement benefits, participation in the Public Employees Retirement System, workers compensation, unemployment benefits, Medicare, or other benefits, which may be conferred upon an employee by virtue of his or her employment status. .
The Epi Assistant will acknowledge in an Agreement that he/she is an independent contractor and not an employee under the Agreement. In order to protect the Board and the Medina County Health Department from liability, the Board of Health will include the Epi Assistant in its general liability policy. This general liability policy will not provide malpractice coverage to the Epi Assistant as the Epi Assistant will not be engaged in medical decision making or providing medical advice while performing Epi Assistant duties on behalf of the Medina County Combined General Health District during the term of the agreement.
Interested parties should submit a resume to email@example.com
Posted Date: September 16, 2020 Posting Close Date: Until Filled
Position: Medical Assistant – Wadsworth/Medina
Employment Status: Non-Exempt, Full time (40 hrs/wk)
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
General Qualifications (including but not limited to):
High School Diploma or GED. Completion of an accredited certified medical assistant program required. Experience in a medical office setting recommended, but not required.
Certificates, Licenses: Current CPR Certification, National Registered Certified Phlebotomy Technician (NRCPT).
Click here for full job posting.